• A local legend, Tambourine Man, is leaving town
• MOD Pizza opens in downtown Spokane
• Another inmate escapes from the county fair
• The murder-for-hire trial moved to Richland
A Spokane judge agreed to move James Henrikson's trial to the Tri-Cities after his attorneys argued that the volume of media coverage had tainted potential jurors. Henrikson is accused of masterminding two murders over business deals; three men pleaded guilty earlier this week and are expected to testify against him. (KXLY
• Restrictions lifted on business and travel to Cuba
The new rules
will enable Americans to open businesses in Cuba. Pope Francis is visiting the island nation tomorrow
• Washington's wildfires gave a sea otter asthma
That's the thinking anyway.
• It's National Cheeseburger Day.