Surgeon found dead
• The VA surgeon who went missing after
a run Monday morning has been found
, dead on the north bank of the Spokane River.
Ammon Bundy has been arrested
There are some who say, "No-Li." But I say to you, "Yes-Li!"
• No-Li has a new beer,
and a new initiative to highlight local
Careful what you post on Facebook, kids. The City Council might be reading.
• On Monday, the City Council voted to remove Evan Verduin from the planning commission for a Facebook post
. And the mayor's veto of Facebook has been overridden.
• Make your reservation now for a few one-time dinner from a few of Spokane's most beloved chefs
• The final show of the current Spokane Civic Theatre season is now Guys & Dolls,
instead of Ghost: The Musical.
OTHER LOCAL NEWS:
Who Hits the (alleged) Hitman?
• The jury pool in the murder-for-hire trial of James Henrickson continues to be winnowed down
Those Politicians From Olympia Looking To Override Local Control
• State Sen. Michael Baumgartner
(R-Spokane) proposes a bill that would kill both Seattle's minimum wage law and Spokane's sick-leave laws, leaving those roles for the (more conservative) counties or the state government. Spokane City Council President Ben Stuckart isn't pleased
• A Spokane woman who went missing was found in Cataldo, Idaho, dead and wrapped in plastic
Art of the Flake
• What could make Donald Trump, presidential candidate, titan
of industry, best-selling author and potent potentate — who vows to break the will of Russia, China, Mexico and ISIS through sheer force of indomitable will — flee from tomorrow's debate? Tough questions from a female journalist and a mean press release
. Meanwhile, Ted Cruz, award-winning Princeton debater
, challenges Trump to a one-on-one, mano-o-mano
debate. Anytime, anywhere. (Fox News)
• Ammon Bundy has been arrested, and a spokesman for the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupiers was shot and killed during a traffic shop
by the FBI and state police
. (The Oregonian)
The Doctor Will See You Now
In China, there are ticket scalpers too. But these tickets are for access to the hospital
. (New York Times)