• Scotty Moore
, the guitarist in Elvis Presley's original band, died Tuesday.
Moore played on hits such as "Mystery Train
," "That's All Right" and "Good Rockin' Tonight."
• Chickens, cats, rabbits and goats
started having seizures. Some died. Residents in a remote part of Stevens County are getting sick, but no one can say why
• Check out the Outdoors Guide
in this week's issue. Then go outside and do stuff.
IN OTHER NEWS:
• Just in time for Fourth of July
weekend, Idahoans can carry guns without permits
starting Friday. Take cover.
• The city ethics commission delayed a decision on the complaint against Spokane Mayor David Condon
. The commission is considering whether to meet in super secret executive session, so you and I can't know what they talk about. (Spokesman-Review
• Is the Grand Coulee Dam
leaking toxic oil into the Columbia River? The Riverkeeper thinks so
• A grizzly
bear killed a mountain biker
near Glacier National Park. The man, Brad Treat, 38, was an officer for the U.S. Forest Service.
• The F.D.A. just gave us the worst news
in the last half century — stop eating raw cookie dough.
• Tonight, check out Duke Evers
at John's Alley in Moscow.
• Tomorrow night, how about some Blitzen Trapper
at The Hive in Sandpoint?