You guys aren't too generous with the listening material, are ya? Time to get serious about my musical true loves. What a decision! Okay, in no order, here goes.
1. Call him crazy, but Sid Barret was the best thing about Pink Floyd. After he dropped out of that band, he made The Madcap Laughs before he completely lost it. Good for us. Creatively weird and catchy.
2. In my humble opinion, that Irishman, Van Morrison makes pretty much the sexiest music on the planet. Astral Weeks is sooo poetic, wild and yes, very very sexy.
3. Patti Smith grabs your attention anytime she opens her mouth. My favorite album of many great ones she's done is her first one, Horses. Her version of Van Morrison's (there he is again!) "Gloria" will get my heart pounding.
4. David Bowie pours on the glam in The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust, a classic rock and roll album. "Suffragette City" and "Rock and Roll Suicide" are my favorites.
5. I love Elvis Costello, but of everything he's done, This Year's Model is still the one I'll take with me if I only get one. "No Action" could even be my theme song. Wow, I hope my rescuers arrive soon.